Call (253) 651-7494 to schedule your estimate, or use this form to submit your information, and we’ll contact you ASAP!
Stump Grinding FAQ
What is the cost of stump grinding?
$200 minimum mobilization charge plus:
$6.50 per inch in the front yard
$7.50 per inch in the back yard with minimum 35″ wide gate/path clearance.
Grinding Roots- $50 minimum and up – call us at (253) 651-7494 for a free estimate!
The stump grinder must be able to maneuver up to the stump. If the stump is upstairs or behind a retaining wall, or if you have less than 35″ of access the price is based on the individual circumstances. Please call us at (253) 651-7494 and request a quote!
Stumps must be cut down to near ground level with in 4″ of soil. There is an additional charge if the stump needs to be cut down before grinding, usually about $25-$50. If you hired us to do the tree removal and clean up than this can be included in the tree job at no extra charges.
Removal of grindings is 75% of the cost of what it cost per stump to grind. It is a good idea if you are planting a new tree, grass, sod, or other plants in the same spot within the next 6 months to remove the grindings.
We offer a volume discount for stump grinding jobs over $250.
What are the benefits of removing a stump by grinding?
Stump grinding is by far the most cost effective way to remove a stump from your property.
Other benefits of removing a stump by grinding:
- Will give you an opportunity to get some landscaping done at the same time as the stump digging done with heavy equipment.
- Will help eliminate new sprouting of certain species such as cottonwood and poplars.
- Eliminates differential settlement for new construction when properly back filled and compacted.
- Eliminates sink holes in your yard from a rotting stump.
- Helps remove diseased root systems for healthier nearby and future trees.
- Enables you to install sprinkler systems without hitting the buried stump and its surface roots.
- Lets you change or lower the contour of your landscape
- Removes unsightly and potentially dangerous stumps
- Increase curb appeal and home resale value
- No dangerous chemicals for pets or children
Why not just dig up the stump completely?
The other main method of stump removal is to dig up the entire stump and haul it away. In some circumstances, this is the best solution, but not very often.
- It costs 2-6 times more than stump grinding
- In most cases it tears up your yard
- Sometimes underground utilities get in the way.
- It may take a hole 14 feet across an up to 10 feet deep to dig out a typical 30″ fir stump, and digging a hole that size requires another large area for the pile of dirt!
- It cost $35 per ton in dump fees to dump plus trucking to dispose of a tree stump. Tree stumps weigh a lot!
Complete Stump Removal
Sometimes stump grinding isn’t the best way to go. In that case, we offer complete excavation, removal, and disposal of tree stumps. We’ll dig up the stump, put in on a truck, and get it out of your way forever. Bob’s Property Solutions is the answer!
Why Remove A Stump From Your Property?
Tree stumps often interfere with property improvements – you will not be able to lower the contour of the yard, roots and hidden stump may interfere with sprinkler system installations or even something as simple as digging a post hole. Tree stumps will also rot over time, potentially resulting in low spots years down the road.
Don’t forget to call 811
You must call 811 to request utility locates three days before requesting stump grinding or removal services for depths greater than 2″. This is a legally required step, and will help avoid potentially expensive damage to water, electricity, or gas lines supplying your property.